Hi again,
The adrenaline rush to write about my dream bike just made me rush to the blog once again...
Bullet was gifted to me by my wife.. its been 1 year and 4890 kms with my bullet... the Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 5s.. long name.. but bike too is long... sturdy... efficient... elegant...ofcourse...Royal to ride!
Before the delivery of the bike at my home, I was the only customer in Vizag for having made maximum number of visits to the Royal Enfield Showroom, and was also the only customer to had taken countless number of test rides on all variants of Bullet - viz., Bullet Standard, Bullet Electra 4s, Bullet Electra 5s, Machismo, Thunderbird, Machismo LB500. Either I would end up riding the bike or talking to the Branch Manager about my love and respect for Bullet.
Initially i was riding Hero Honda CD Deluxe 1996 Model. The bike was smooth, fuel efficient and lovable. Only when I started riding (Test Rides) Bullet that I found that this is an entirely different experience in itself. No vibrations to tire you out, No power lag to lay you back, No low seating, No Lower back pain on long rides.. No Nonsense to be precise.,
I made many number of trips on the NH5 (Kolkata - Chennai) from Vizag to Vijayanagaram(Vizianagaram). Each trip brought about a different experience for me. From the stares of co-bikers on irrelevant bikes, Villagers coming and touching the bike whenever I took short breaks, onlookers asking me about the bikes cost, mileage, and on knowing the answers Gaping!! exitement filled the route what what with the 4 lane asphalt welcoming with open arms and scenic beauty of the hills, plains, bridges, flyovers, filling my heart with delight.
Later I missed out on the long drives due to my transfer from Vizag to Hyderabad. By this time the bike was serviced full fledged and was on full steam to enjoy it in Apna Hyderabad.
I never liked the experience of riding it here at hyderabad at a meagre 15-20KMPH during rush hour and maximum of 35KMPH during off hours, the traffic never let me use full throttle, I would like to mention here that I have never crossed the legal speed limits on city roads, and vouch to be a responsible biker.
Each passing km made my driving an experience in itself, the best lap I had on my Bullet was the entire Necklace road stretch, then now the newly opened Punjagutta flyover, both to & fro makes driving a delight with all the curves and curls the road unwinding into.
Still driving .. still feeling good.. still loving my dream bike.. yes.. inspite of possessing it in reality, it still is my dream machine.. indomitable Bullet!
Its wonderful to know people who had lived their dreams. You are there - a satisfied bike rider...
ReplyDelete- Ravi S, Manchester, UK.
Yeah Ravi,
ReplyDeleteInfact Im living my dream still.. each passing day my love for the indomitable, inimitable, insatiable bullet grows like my life too.. thnks for posting a comment!
regards